A few facts:
1. Occupy Wall Street is a peaceful protest movement, yet the mainstream media ignored them (link).
2. Occupy Wall Street is a peaceful protest movement, yet the government ignored them.
3. Occupy Wall Street is a peaceful protest movement, yet the police treated them with brutality (link).
4. Occupy Wall Street is a peaceful protest movement, yet the CIA made plans to assassinate them (link).
What does this mean in the context of the Mens Movement?
1. That protesting in a peaceful 'civilized manner' doesn't result in positive coverage by the mainstream media. The only way that you will get positive attention from them is if your protests are in accordance with their beliefs. The MSM shows news stories on protests in 'India' about a woman being raped, the MSM shows protests in 'Cairo' about a referendum on their new constitution, the MSM shows protests in 'Madrid' about youth unemployment. The MSM in the West will show stories about suffering proles in foreign lands when it is in accordance with their agenda. They wont show news stories about protesting proles in home countries, or protests in Western (i.e. Anglophile NATO) countries (Bahrain and the Iranian Gulf states), but they will about non Western (non Anglophile countries). You'll never see stories on the BBC/Sky cabal (for the UK) about OWS. You'll never see stories on the CNN/NBC etc cabal (for the US).
2. That mass protest don't work, don't achieve what they want to achieve (change government policy). Appearing as a herd provokes a shepherd mentality in the government. The same applies to petitions, which are just demonstrations of a herd (mass numbers of faceless, personalityless signatures). However, speaking to people on a one-to-one basis, may have more success, because you don't provoke the shepherd mentality in the person that you are speaking to.
3. That mass peaceful protests provoke the ire of the police, who are no longer peace keepers, but are paramilitaries who have contempt for the people they are supposed to protect. (Hence why Bob of http://bobstruth.blogspot.com calls them 'Blue Gun Thugs').
4. That mass peaceful protests doesn't mean that you wont be shot like some regular homicide suspect, terrorist, or whatever. Whether you are using an explosive device or a cardboard banner to make your case, doesn't matter, you're considered a viable target because you are a threat to them, to their security, to their whole world view.